Monday, July 28, 2008

Australia's Next Top Model Cycle/Season 4 & 2

My girlfriend and I watched the last season every week and more recently we're going through the 2nd season (skipping the 3rd since we found out who the winner was in the 4th season). First, I found AussieNTM's challenges the hardest, compared with America and Britain, and the girls are probably the prettiest too. And that language and nudity are not edited, unlike the horrendous editing in America (violence and murder OK; nudity immoral), the show is even more enjoyable.

Now, to my point. I thought that Erika Heynatz was a good host, and not any worse than Jodhi Meares. The problem I have with Jodhi is that I don't think she was objective in her support for Demelza. It was clear that Caris and Sam were better than Demelza, who showed off the same look--pretty but not versatile--every week. In Season 2, the parallel situation was with Louise, who had the same qualities and shortcomings. I'm not sure why Jodhi stuck up for Demelza 'til the end (BTW, I didn't care for Alex, but the fact it she was better too!). My guess is that she either saw herself in her when she was younger, or perhaps she saw in Demelza a daughter she'd like to have. Either way, her judgment was faulty. BTW, no offense to Jodhi or Demelza.

I'm looking forward to the next season! Goodday mates!

No comments: