Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Couple of More Notes on Immigration

I found an excellent interview by Ben Wattenberg with Pat Buchanan on The Death of the West, his previous book before State of Emergency. I haven't read it, but the central message appears to be the same: that low birth rates and immigration from Third World countries is threatening the civilization of the West--both Europe and America. The interview is in two parts and is excellent asBen Wattenberg challenges Buchanan on a number of his hypotheses. It's $2.99x2 but to me it was worth it.



Also on the same topic, I saw this "FreeSpeech" segment on CBS Evening News. Sonia Nazario, a reporter, talks about the hardships of women who come here to work illegally and leave their families back in their countries. She says that we should work on helping the economies of countries who export immigrants here.


I agree with her comments. The whole issue of immigration comes down to economics.

No comments: